Applications for Fall 2019 Application Process
Open Enrollment December 10, 2018 – February 28, 2019
If you missed the Open Enrollment deadline of February 28, 2019, no worries! You may still apply online. Submission after open enrollment simply means that your student's application will be placed on the waiting list in the order the application is receive behind all those who were eligible to participate in the lottery for enrollment. If a space becomes available for your child, and you were not able to attend one of our offered Information Meetings and Open Houses, we will contact you to schedule. In the meantime, our tours (Open Houses) and Information Meetings for Fall 2019 are complete.
Post-Open Enrollment application process:
- Apply online. 1 application per child, per school.
- The application is date and time stamped and placed on a waiting list in the order received behind those who participated in the lottery.
- If a space opens up for your child, we will contact you to discuss next steps.
- Current wait lists for each campus are posted on the "Lottery Results" page.
- These wait lists do not include applications received after Feb. 28, 2019.
- Post Open Enrollment applicants will know if a campus is starting to offer to those that applied after Feb. 28th if when reviewing the lottery results, all the numbers in a particular grade level are highlighted in yellow. That would signify that offers were made to every applicant who participated in the lottery for that grade level, and the school will start offering to post-Open Enrollment applicants.
The process below does not apply to our post-open enrollment applications.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Charter Schools. If you wish to apply to our schools, you will need to complete the following steps. Please be aware, the process below is not applicable to those who apply after Feb. 28, 2019:
- Apply online - one application per child, per school.
- New families will need to attend an Open House at each campus applying for as well as an Information Meeting. For instance, if applying to both Phoenix campus and Falcon campus, you will need to fill out separate applications for each school, attend one Information Meeting, plus attend one Open House at each campus. Please sign up online.
- Submit supplemental information as listed in the online application ASAP, but no later than February 28, 2019.
- Administration will verify applicant information, including residency and meeting attendance as necessary.
- Detailed lottery information will be emailed to families at least 1 week prior to the Admissions Lottery.
- Admission Lottery will be held for each school, waitlists created and posted to the website.
- Offer letters will be sent out as space becomes available.
- Parents will accept or decline the offer by following the instructions in the “Offer Letter.”
Please note: Submission of an application does not guarantee enrollment. If there are too many applications for a specific grade level, then enrollment is determined by an Admission Lottery.
If you have further questions, please see the Admissions Frequently Asked Questions.
Lottery attendance is optional and results will be posted to this website within 24 hours of the lottery.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Fall 2019 Lottery results/waitlist are posted on the Lottery Results page.
For your reference, our lottery preference categories are listed in the Admissions Frequently Asked Questions.