While we understand the need to get students back in the classroom, the need to keep both students and staff safe is always foremost in our decision. Therefore, we will start the year with distance learning on August 12th. The staff will continue to plan for a return to campus in the 2020-2021 school year and make that move once it is safe to do so.
Even though we will not start the year on campus, we are committed to meeting our students' needs with a new distance learning plan. The plan will be shared with you in the coming weeks and will include
- The school year will resume on schedule.
- Teachers have received training in online platforms to meet the needs of students better.
- Students will receive additional training at the start of the year to become better online learners.
- Consistent expectations for students and classrooms.
- Online supports for parents will be increased.
- Miki and I will continue planning for the safest possible reopening.
- Meals will be provided to students in need.
As we move forward, your input will continue to be valuable to us. We appreciate you taking the time to answer our surveys. Your input, along with that of our staff, has helped inform our decisions. As we continue to move forward, we will continue to seek your feedback through surveys, Zoom meetings, and other opportunities to share your ideas for reopening.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer break! We look forward to welcoming you back on August 12th. Please watch for more information and ways you can participate in community events.